The church Cottage
2 Reid Street Strahan
Check in is 2:00 pm Check out is 10:00 am (refer to our check out policy)
$250.00 per night
This cottage only accommodates two adults.
The Church Cottage is a unique experience designed and setup as a weekend retreat for couples. It has a King-size French Provincial bed (Louis XV), a spa and a fire place. The lounge area has a leather chesterfield (Queen Anne) suite which includes two very comfortable wrap around gentlemen’s chairs and a three seat sofa to lie on and relax in front of the fire place.
Built in the 1860's in Elizabeth Town as a Methodist Church. The Church had become a derelict building for many years until it was shifted to Strahan in 1994. The mezzanine, kitchen and bathroom were added at that time. Both the fire place mantle and the stain glass window in the bathroom pre-date the church and were fitted to add character and to compliment the history of this unique building.
- Beautifully finished Victorian building
- Log fire place
- Generous king size Louis XV bed
- Leather Chesterfield lounge suite
- Spa bath
- Stove and fully cooking equipment
- All linen, towels and free toiletries are provided
- Rear veranda sitting area
- Full use of generous gardens
- Directly opposite Strahan’s only supermarket
- Short walk to waterfront and tourist attractions